Friday, November 11, 2011

Who are these people??

In a long overdue attempt to catch up this blog, I'm going to chronologically post some quick posts on what's been happening...

Shortly after my head shaving party, my work partner, Lori, organized a party at her house since most of my team couldn't make it to the shaving. It was intimate and exactly what I needed. My mom got to meet all of my coworkers and my kids got to play. We ate my favorite pizza, drank lots of wine, and shed some tears. A year ago, I didn't even know these people existed...today, they are some of my closest friends. I've known Paige for longer than the rest and she had these absolutely amazing shirts made. They took up a collection to help me pay for the healthy, organic foods that I need to keep my body healthy and to help put a dent in my medical bills. Cancer isn't cheap! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I am so thankful for all of you. <3
How awesome are these people?? I love you all!!

Me and the kiddos after Paige kicked their butts playing soccer in the yard




My boss Kelly. She is amazing and I am so thankful to have her in my corner!

My Mom!! Have I mentioned how lucky I am that my Mom got to spend THREE weeks with me? I love you Momma!

The amazing shirts that Paige had made for us. You rock, Paige!!

Some of you may not know, but a week and a half ago, I decided to take short term disability (per my doctor) because my white blood cell and absolute neutrophil counts are having a tough time keeping up. Hanging out in doctor's offices is not the best place for me to be. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have a company, a boss, a team of amazing people who have afforded me this opportunity. I'll be back sooner than you think!! :)

Novo Nordisk peeps...you are the best!!!!

xoxo
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment