Friday, November 11, 2011

Huzzah!!

After the final round of chemo and before the topless photo shoot, I had to pack my weekend with fun stuff to do to show my Mom a good time before she had to go back to NY. So the day before the photo shoot, I 'let' her stay home with the kiddos (thanks Mom!) so I could go cheer on my friends at the Lawrence Trail Hawks' Shoreline Shuffle 5k.
Discussing serious business with Karen, the race director :)

Adam (who took 2nd!) and I sporting the latest in LTH apparel. Gary presented me with this shirt as a gift (Thanks Gar!)...the back says "FLONES-Chief Granolier" :)

Afterward, the kids and I took Nana to the KC Renfest. Mom loves all things Renaissance so on such a gorgeous day, we hit the festival and got our Huzzah on.

Turkey leg! A staple at all Renaissance feasts! 

Josh in Boots

Ribbit

Josh was upset that he had to be a girl...and I am Botticelli's Venus :)

This is for Papa

My handsome little guy

and my beautiful girl <3

Annika loves the fairies

Whoa...Nana and the kids watching the amazing Jason 

gasp!

Apparently my behavior at the festival was not acceptable.   
What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Thank you Mom/Nana for an amazing three weeks. Shortly after this, we had to put her on a plane and send her home to upstate NY.  We miss you!

xoxo
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment