Friday, October 3, 2014

California or BUST!!

When I originally typed this post with just a simple description and link to my fundraising page, I felt so lame!!!  When Derick and I signed up for the Tour de Pink, we had grand intentions to do amazing fundraisers and hit our goals with no problem. What we didn't plan for was buying a new home that needed a complete renovation, 3 acres of new yard to mow, Josh playing two sports through the summer (which we LOVED supporting both baseball and soccer!) and taking most of our evenings and weekends, work getting busier, and simply running out of time to schedule!!! So yes, the party at our new house is still being planned, the Walnut Grove bike rides and trail runs will still happen, but not in the next two weeks before we leave!!! We both hate asking for help, but we really need it. Tomorrow morning we ship our bikes to California and we leave 13 days from today. We are paying for this entire trip, including the bike shipping, out of pocket. All of the funds we raise are going directly to the YSC. So without further ado, here is the original lame post (and yes, we will soon be begging):

In two short weeks, Derick and I will start our 200 bike ride from Paso Robles to Point Mugu, CA in the Tour de Pink. We committed to raising $5000 for the Young Survival Coalition when we registered for the ride a few months ago. We are more than halfway there, but have $2000 that we will be donating if we don't hit our goal! We need your help! Please don't misunderstand... the money goes to an amazing organization that has been a constant source of support for me through my journey and for many other young women. If 100 people donate $20 or more, we will have no problem hitting our goal in the next two weeks. Please visit our page to learn more and to make a donation at:



Thank you so much for your support!!!

xo
Shelley

p.s. As I start to decorate my bike jersey with the names of all of the amazing young survivors that I have met through my journey, please let me know if you want me to add one for you!!!! In honor of or In memory... I've got a lot!!!

1 comment: